Volunteers Removing Storm-damaged Trees
From the Archives Building Grounds
All office and maintenance work at the Solanco Historical Society is accomplished by volunteers donating their time. There is no paid staff. Each year, especially during the summer, volunteers are needed in the following areas:
- As tour guides/docents at the historic Robert Fulton birthplace. Audio programs and written materials are available to assist tour guides in learning the facts presented in guided tours.
- As gardeners in the Robert Fulton birthplace kitchen garden with historically accurate plantings.
- As groundskeepers to remove storm-damaged branches and debris, to keep pathways smooth and clear and similar outdoor tasks.
- As gift shop clerks to sell craft items to visitors.
- As volunteer archivists every Wednesday morning to scan documents and photographs to add to the Historical Society's collection.
To volunteer, read about the Volunteer Opportunities and then submit a Volunteer Application form, both of which can be downloaded from this website (see below).